Contextual Theological Training
Providing sound, broad-based theological training is one of the most urgent tasks of the churches in the South. Well-qualified pastors are essential for the churches to continue successfully tackling social challenges. Prospective pastoral staff in Tanzania must be more than merely good theologians. They also require skills that will enable them to carry out social and welfare work in their congregations. Mission 21 supports theological training by providing staff, by setting up libraries, improving the infrastructure or offering ongoing training for teachers.
You can find the latest reports on project work at the time of the Coronavirus in our News.
• Support for theological students with low incomes
• Support for teaching, especially in the subject areas of peace promotion, Christian-Muslim relations and HIV prevention
• Provision of book packs for graduates
• Expansion of the libraries in Utengule and Lutengano
• Internet-access for schools
• Revision of curricula, stronger inclusion of contextual theology
Video (in German)