Programme development and coordination in Tanzania
In Tanzania, Mission 21 maintains relationships with two major churches and it supports 16 individual projects within an extensive programme aimed at promoting education and health. A coordination office headed by anthropologist and health expert Adrienne Sweetman, ensures that our partner churches' numerous social activities have a broad impact. A closely related aspect is capacity development, whereby the partner churches are supported so that they can carry out their tasks independently and autonomously.
You can find the latest reports on project work at the time of the Coronavirus in our News.
• Representing Mission 21 in Tanzania and maintaining relationships with partners
• Programme management, focusing on impact-orientation and sustainability
• Coordinating measures aimed at organisational and personnel development in our partner organisations
• Maintaining contacts and networking with other development cooperation organisations on the ground
• Providing support for networking and cooperation among partner organisations, also periodic exchanges of knowledge and experience
• Participating in public relations work, advocacy and fund-raising
• Specialised further training courses on project management for responsible staff in development projects
• Management training for members of church leadership bodies
• Individual scholarships
• Good governance/anti-corruption training
• Networking meetings for various key players