Strengthened for the Future: Education and Women's Empowerment in Chile and Peru
Within the strategic impact area of education, the aim is to teach basic skills such as reading and writing on the one hand, and to promote life skills such as problem-solving, critical and creative thinking, effective communication, decision-making, interpersonal relationship skills, strengthening self-confidence, empathy and coping with stress and emotions on the other. Another goal is to empower people to participate in social and political processes in order to advance the democratisation process. Especially in countries with inadequate formal education and a lack of further education opportunities, such as Peru, the interventions of our project partners in the field of personal development and em-powerment are an important complement to the state school and education system. However, even in countries with better developed education systems, such as Chile, these interventions are of great importance, as the skills to be promoted are often not included in the curricula of formal education.
- Implementation of the literacy programme
- Conducting a training course for leaders
- Conducting a training course for indigenous women leaders within the framework of the "Escuela Comunitaria Kullakanaka Sartawipa".
- Conducting courses on self-care and life skills
- Conducting courses on basic health skills and the use of medicinal herbs and other alternative healing methods
- Conduct courses on alternative medicine for health workers and public relations work to promote alternative medicine.